Different hair types may experience different hair problems, such as damaged hair, hair loss, dandruff. Here we provide tips for different hair types, including dry hair and thinning hair in maintaining healthy hair, read on to discover more!
Common hair care mistakes
- Washing hair too often: Do not overwash your hair or it may strip away your natural protective barrier of oil. It could cause your hair to be overly dry or prone to damage, as well as irritation to your scalp.
- Washing hair not often enough: It would build up dirt and sebum and lead to clogged pores, inflammation, dandruff and even hair loss.
- Blow-drying hair that’s dripping wet: Make sure your hair is damp but not wet to shorten the time for blow-drying, as the longer the heat is applied, the more damage it may cause to hair.
- Blow-dryer setting too hot: Not only it is bad for the health of your hair, it is also likely to cause damage to your scalp by over-evaporating its natural moisture. This may lead to dry scalp that is prone to irritation, itchiness, redness and dandruff.
- Not taking care of your scalp: Some people tend to focus on hair treatment but not scalp care. However healthy hair starts with healthy scalp as it is the soil for your hair.
Hair care routine & tips:
- Comb: Before you wash your hair, brush it from the bottom up to avoid unnecessary breakage and damage.
- Shampoo: Wash your hair using the shampoo that suits your hair type. Shampoo your hair twice, with the first round washing away the dirt and grease, and the second round actually washing it.
- Conditioner: Apply conditioner in the end on your hair to restore moisture. DO NOT use it on the scalp.
- Brush & blow dry: Squeeze the moisture out from the strand using a dry towel. Brush your hair gently to remove any tangles. Apply a heat primer to damp hair to protect its integrity before blow-drying your hair. Start with the bang and blow dry your hair until most of the moisture is gone.