Aging — It’s inevitable, but you can reduce the visible signs of skin aging through your own efforts like daily wear sunscreen and using anti-aging skincare products. Keep reading to know more about the causes of aging and unlock the anti-aging tips here!
#1 What causes skin aging?
- Biological age: Biological age is an inevitable factor, which determines structural changes in the skin and slows down the efficiency of cell functions with each passing year.
- Sun exposure: Sun damage is the most significant cause of skin aging. Harmful UV rays can lead to wrinkles, age spots, loose skin, etc.
- Diet: If your diet is high in fats, sugar, processed foods, and low in fresh vegetables and fruits, it will age you faster.
- Smoking and drinking: Smokers develop fine lines around the mouth and deeper forehead wrinkles. Heavy drinkers have facial skin that has been discolored and poor muscle tone over time.
- Stress: Stress releases free radicals that can cause premature aging by damaging skin cell structures and breaking down skin components like hyaluronic acid and collagen.
#2 Common Signs of Skin Aging
- Loose skin
- Fine lines
- Dark circles
- Eye bags
- Age spots
#3 Best anti-aging ingredients that work
- Broad-spectrum Sunscreen: Sunscreen is not an ingredient, but it is the most important skincare essential for anti-aging! Sun exposure is one of the primary causes of all the signs of aging. Daily wear sunscreen is a must! A broad-spectrum sunscreen can block both harmful UVA and UVB rays, which cause aging and burning respectively.
- Hyaluronic acid: Hyaluronic Acid is a hydrating ingredient that draws moisture to plump up your skin and fill in wrinkles, fine lines.
- Ceramides: Ceramides can seal moisture into the skin and strengthen the skin barrier to keep irritants out.
- Collagen: Collagen is one of the most important proteins in the skin, which keeps your skin firm and strong.
- Retinol: Retinol is also known as vitamin A. It increases the turnover rate of skin cells and speed up the exfoliation process. It is good for combating fine lines and age spots.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is a great antioxidant, which helps fade spots, discoloration, stimulate the production of collagen and neutralize free radicals caused by sun damage and pollution.
Skin Aging Prevention Tips
- Regular exercise and a healthy diet keep your skin healthy
- Hydrate your skin from the inside out
- Daily wear lightweight and full-spectrum sunscreen
- Use clay mask once a week to exfoliate your skin gently, but don’t use physical scrub
- Use anti-aging skincare products
Daily Anti-aging Skincare Routine