Dry skin? Living with dry skin isn’t easy — it doesn’t just look bad, it’s also uncomfortable… Not to worry, you are not alone. This guide will help you take care of your dry skin in the best way. Now let’s learn what causes dry skin and find the right skincare to help keep it hydrated.
#1 Is your skin dry or just dehydrated? Here’s how to tell…
‘Dryness’ and ‘Dehydration’ are entirely two different things. Basically, ‘Dry’ is used to describe a skin type that produces less sebum than normal skin and tends to be rough, dull and itchy. ‘Dehydrated skin’, on the other hand, is a skin condition that occurs when there’s a lack of water in the skin. Common signs include redness, lots of congestion, and inflammation.
#2 What causes dry skin?
The potential causes of dry skin are numerous, the top ones include the following:
- Your genes
- Ageing or hormonal changes
- Environmental triggers like harsh weather conditions and UV rays
1. What ingredients should I look for/avoid if I have dry skin?
Top moisturizing ingredients to heal and protect dry skin include glycerin, hyaluronic acid, squalene, ceramides, B-complex vitamins, rosehip oil and coconut oil. Be sure to avoid alcohol, salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, which may irritate your skin.
2. Is hydrating facial mask good for dry skin?
A deep hydrating mask could be the best option to quench and soothe thirsty skin, especially if you’re short on time. Look out for cream-based, sheet masks, or leave-on overnight formulas.
3. How often should you use hydrating facial masks?
Hydrating masks usually contain concentrated water, so you can use it almost every day.
4. How to deal with dry, flaky skin in winter?
Exfoliating can be an effective way of sloughing off dead skin cells that lead to flaking. Once you’ve exfoliated, apply a heave-duty cream to repair your skin barrier and lock in much-needed moisture.
In the morning
- Step 1: Cleanse away impurities with a cleaning lotion/gel with a gentle formula
- Step 2: Soothe skin with an alcohol-free toner
- Step 3: Plump skin with a hydrating serum
- Step 4: Defend skin with a lightweight sunscreen
- Step 1: Rinse your face with lukewarm water and remove makeup with a cleansing oil
- Step 2: Cleanse your face with a mild cleanser
- Step 3: Replenish skin with an alcohol-free toner
- Step 4: Follow with a thick night cream/face oil
Shop Dry Skin Products