The weather is getting colder and the low humidity may lead to dry and cracked skin. Your skin needs extra care to relieve itch and redness. You should ensure the winter skincare routine is gentle and can keep skin moisture from escaping.
Tips to keep your glowing in winter
- Use a humidifier to maintain the moisture in your home
- Swap for a gentle cleanser
- Use overnight masks to repair skin barrier
- Go for a richer or more soothing moisturizer
- Apply moisturizer within 2 mins after cleansing to lock in the moisture
- Don’t forget sunscreen
For Dry Skin
- Grab a non-foaming cleansing cream to cleanse your face gently with lukewarm water which can maintain skin moisture and without stripping away the moisture.
- Get a mild face scrub with moisturizing skincare ingredients like coconut oil and cocoa butter to exfoliate your skin properly.
- Extra dry and itchy skin has a weak skin moisture barrier. Go for a thick, rich, and nourishing face cream to repair the skin barrier and restore the skin moisture.
For Combination Skin
- Use multiple facial cleansers on various face areas. You may use a deep cleansing facial cleanser on T-zone and a moisturizing facial cleanser on the cheeks. Choosing micellar water is a wise option, which helps to clean and hydrate the combination skin all in one step.
- Exfoliate your skin regularly by using a face scrub is essential to leave your skin with a natural and healthy glow. Use it three times a week to get the best result.
- You also need a moisturizing lotion to provide your skin with long-lasting hydration.
For Oily Skin
- Go for a mild facial cleanser to purify your skin’s surface and remove dirt, oil, and pollutants.
- Using a face scrub twice a week can remove dead skin cell build-up and brighten your complexion.
- Look for a water-based moisturizer that can provide extra hydration to control oil production without a greasy feeling and avoid a shiny complexion.
For Sensitive Skin
- Use a fragrance and alcohol-free facial cleanser that can remove dirt, makeup, and oil effectively. Micellar water is a wise option. Sensitive skin should avoid harsh exfoliating.
- Reach for a gentle, fragrance, and alcohol-free moisturizer, which can help repair and protect the skin’s moisture barrier.